Reply To: Help mum who has vascular dementia needs someone for company and a cuppa for an

Asked by

Assuming you need a volunteer, try your local Volunteer Bureau or Citizens Advice Bureau, if there is one in your locality – both have suitable volunteers waiting for placements. Alternately you can contact local Dementia Support Groups. Try googling charities and organisations near to you. All volunteers through the VB or CAB will have had their DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) which is vital in safeguarding your Mum. If this is a paid position then, you will need to see any candidates DBS. Check it is up to date and get several references. Hope this is some help.