• Resources
  • blog

Age Space Caregiver Forum

Reply To: Daysitters for my dad

Asked by

What about a neighbour or friend or someone they know already – rather than a stranger? Perhaps one of the carers might be able to help? Might give your Mum more reassurance? If you are able to pay you could contact a local care agency – try the Care Quality Commission to do a postcode search. You could contact the local Age UK – they may have a list of local organisations that offer volunteers/befrienders etc…. There is an organisation called Nannies for Grannies – but I don’t think they’re national and not sure where they are based.