Will making, probates, advance directives and power of attorney are just of the legal complexities that are common to encounter when caring for an elderly relative.
Navigating these legal matters can be difficult alone, and so seeking legal advice is often recommended. If you don’t know anyone who can help, and getting professional legal advice seems too expensive, you can find some free legal advice options in Cambridgeshire on this page. It is also worth remembering that some law firms offer free short initial consultations, which can help you determine whether you will benefit from their services.
Where to Get Free Legal Advice in Cambridgeshire
Citizens Advice Cambridgeshire
The Citizens Advice Bureau is a national charity that offers financial, ethical, business and legal advice. The service is usually operated by volunteers who have specialisms in each sector.
In Cambridgeshire and Peterborough there are 5 Citizens Advice Hubs where advice can be found. Each one usually operates open drop-in sessions in the mornings and bookable appointments in the afternoon.
Contact your local centre for more information and to organise an appointment.
- Address: 66 Devonshire Road, Cambridges, CB1 2BL
- Telephone: 0344 848 7979 (Advice line)
- Cambridge CA Website
- Address: 16-17 St Mark’s Street, Peterborough, Cambs, PE1 2TU
- Telephone: 03444 994 120
- Peterborough CA Website
Rural Cambridgeshire – Huntingdon, St Neots and Wisbech
This Citizens Advice centre is based in Huntingdon, however, they provide outreach programs for residents in St Neots and Wisbech. For all three hubs the contact number and website details are the same.
- Telephone: 0344 245 1292
- Rural Cambridgeshire Website
- Address: Pathfinder House St Mary’s Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TN
- Address: Portacabin Tan Yard Car Park, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 1AN
- Address: 9 Church Mews, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE13 1HL
ARU Free Law Clinics, Peterborough & Cambridge
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) offer free, by appointment only, law clinics that help to benefit you as well as their law students. These face-to-face appointments are limited to 30 minutes and booking will only be accepted if they feel like they will be able to help you. Appointments can be made in either Peterborough of Cambridge.
Book an appointment by emailing or calling their reception. Find out more on their website.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01223 698 498
- ARU Law Clinic Website
- When? 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Where? ARU, Ground Floor Coslett Building, collier Road/Mackenzie Road Entrance, Cambridge CB1 1PT
- When? Once monthly
- Where? ARU, Guild House, Swain Court, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 9PW
Chapple and Co. Legal Aid Clinic
For those in March, Chapple and Co. offer a free Legal Aid Clinic to residents who really require free legal advice or representation. If you are in this position this might be a suitable option to consider. This clinic is open to those to book into after 5pm on weekdays. Contact to find out more and to book.
- Telephone: 01354 652 550
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 15 Dartford Road, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 8LA
- Chapple and Co. Website