‘Still On the Go’ offers opportunities for people aged 55 or over to take part in free exercise sessions with people of a similar age. They are designed to be fun while at the same time help with strength, fitness and weight loss.
Sessions take place at Riverside leisure centre, Norwich and include swimming, Aqua Jog, Guided Gym use, Sunday Aerobics and Core strengthening/circuits sessions.
There are also daily sessions taking place in different sheltered housing schemes across Norwich which are open to non residents.
To qualify for these free sessions, you must be 55 or over and currently do less than 30 minutes moderate intensity exercise a week. Once registered, there is no need to book, just turn up on the day.
Riverside Leisure Fitness – TOP 10 benefits to exercising in later life!
- Live Longer – According to the world health organisation, leading a sedentary lifestyle is one of the 10 leading causes of death and disability.
- Prevent Falls – Improving muscle strength and bone density can be helpful in reducing the risk of falls as it can also improve balance.
- Reduced risk of stroke or heart attack – Regular cardiovascular exercise such as brisk walking, cycling or light housework will increase blood flow to the heath and boost your overall health.
- Better bone density – Weight bearing exercise such as walking or jogging can help increase the strength of bones and reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis and fractures.
- Reduced risk of developing dementia.
- Prevent or Delay Disease.
- More confidence and independence.
- Gives you a sense of achievement.
- Keeps you social.
- Increases mobility.