This website and its contents are copyright Age Space Ltd, all rights reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose without express approval.
Submissions to Age Space
We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the site (collectively “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, music, videos, information, content and/or other materials (“user content”). We have the right to publish, edit or reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the site or in writing via post for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you, unless we have specifically agreed otherwise in writing prior to submission.
By submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant to us a worldwide, full-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable, and transferable right and license to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, including without limitation, translations,, public display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and other wise exploit the User Content in whole or in part as Age Space, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content.
You agree that you will not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or for any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, moral right or other third party right of any person or entity;
- Impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- Contains a formula, instruction or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- The licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party. We rely on you to present us with User Content that contains actual and factual material. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided on Age Space. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the User Content. We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes.
You agree not to use the website;
- To create a database that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the website except where expressly permitted on the website;
- To disseminate advertisements on the website or use the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services;
- To transmit, recirculate any material obtained from the website to any third party except where expressly permitted on the website;
- To disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- To disseminate any materials that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programmes designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of an computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
Links to other websites
- You may link to the website, but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate pages of the website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the website;
- You do not in any way imply any endorsement by Age Space other than with our written consent, or misrepresent your relationship with Age Space;
- You do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on the website without express permission;
- All Age Space trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of Age Space and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trade marks and/or domain names without the prior written consent of Age Space other than for the purpose of referring to Age Space lawfully and in good faith.
Age Space might carry some affiliate marketing links, which means we earn commission on sales of some products when users click through a link from the site. Our editorial content is NOT influenced by affiliate partnerships.
Data Processing Summary Statement
Natural Customers – we collect data on our customers to allow us to deliver on the services we have been contracted to do. So we collect, names, addresses, emails and location details as well as limited profiling data (such as age and gender) – We communicate through the registration process on the basis of Contractual Obligation – it is a requirement that we communicate during this period so that we can allow our customers to register for the forum, and deal with any login details or issues that might arise. We provide a membership based information forum, where people have to register to get access. It is therefore necessary to collect key data (user name and email) to allow them to register. We also ask for other data, age and gender, purely so we can track site usage and determine what our customer mix is. This data is not mandatory, and we explain on our site what we need to collect and why. Customers are informed that their user name will be visible to other site users and so are requested to ensure that it is anonymous. We restrict access to the site to people over the age of 13, as far as possible, through the registration process. It is not possible, within the bounds or business practice to enforce this requirement beyond self identification.
With our customers we mail and email them occasionally on the basis of legitimate business interest. Because they’re customers, and have been presented with the opportunity to opt out, on every communication, and when the data was collected, we do this under PECR soft opt in.
Communications to customers therefore include
- Communications throughout the registration process, emails confirming opt in, and dealing with any registration issues.
- Occasional email newsletter to customers, informing them of interesting articles and stories on our site.
Business Customers and prospects – we collect data on our business customers and prospects to allow us to present advertising and sponsorship opportunities. So, we collect, names, addresses, emails and location details, which allow us communicate with them. We communicate with them on the grounds of legitimate business interest because it is in our interest to develop relationships with this audience in order to sell them our product in the future. They have the opportunity to opt out (unsubscribe) on the site.
Business suppliers. We receive invoices, pay invoices and talk to our business suppliers on the grounds of legitimate interest and contractual obligation.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.agespace.org.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to us, or subscribe to one of our services
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- details to allow you to access services, eg an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK. It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing your information
Your rights – Data Protection
The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
Everyone responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside theEuropean Economic Area without adequate protection
Links to other websites
www.agespace.org contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to www.agespace.org from another website
Whilst Age Space endeavours to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, disruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, the website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept liability arising from any interruption in availability. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
You acknowledge that whilst Age Space endeavours to ensure that information on the website and any related material provided to you by Age Space, whether by email or otherwise is accurate and complete, and it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Age Space. You acknowledge that any Age Space information should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision.
Age Space will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. Age space excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the website.
Age Space will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from your use or inability to use the website or any content or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the website or any content of it, including in respect of infringement of third party rights arising from your use of the content.
The website may contain links to third party website where you may purchase items. You acknowledge that when making a purchase from a third party website you enter into a contract with that third party at your own risk and Age Space will bear no liability for that contract. Please note that third parties may operate such shopping sites with reference to the name of the website, but that does not mean that Age Space is responsible for their conduct or any contracts that you enter into with them.
The website may from time to time contain advertising and sponsorship. Age Space is not responsible for either the content of the material provided by such advertisers and sponsors or their compliance with voluntary or statutory codes or provisions. In particular, Age Space can provide no warranty that it will not take advertisements or sponsorship from your competitors.
Without prejudice to the provisions above, you agree to compensate Age Space in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the website (or by a third party using your name and password) including in particular but not limited to any statements, contributions or other content posted on the website.
Limitation of Liability
Age Space will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by Age Space or its employees or sub-contractors in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by Age Space (or its employees or subcontractors); or
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or