Continuing Healthcare Funding in Cambridgeshire

Continuing Healthcare Funding in Cambridgeshire

NHS service - NHS Continuing Healthcare in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough

If your elderly relative has been discharged from hospital following an injury or illness, and still has a “primary health need” requiring further medical and nursing care, then they may be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare in Cambridgeshire.

This funding is not just for those who have been recently discharged, but for anyone who might qualify for this particular funding stream from the NHS at home or in a care home.

Following a rigorous and complex assessment process, if successful, the NHS will pay for all the care costs. This can include: specialist nursing care, personal care, therapy, or even help towards nursing care home fees if applicable. NHS Continuing Healthcare is not means-tested.

Find more advice from Age Space and an overview of what is involved in the application process on our NHS Funded Care Page, and find legal advice from our Cambridgeshire Legal Sponsors, Ashtons Legal.

This page will give you all the information you need to apply to NHS continuing healthcare in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.

How to Apply for NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding in Cambridgeshire

NHS Continuing Healthcare is provided by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) in the county. The person that would be receiving the funding must be registered with a GP within the CCG – you can check this on the CCG Website.

It is likely that your family will be advised about NHS Continuing Healthcare in the lead up to, or just after your relative is discharged from hospital. If this is not the case then you should contact the responsible authorities using the details below. They will provide advice and information for getting started with NHS Continuing Healthcare in Cambridgeshire:


For the Cambridgeshire Area

For those in Peterborough

  • Telephone: 01733 747 474 (then select option 5)

After getting in touch with them, they will then help to get your elderly relative assessed. If eligible they will start putting together a care and funding scheme to help support them. You can find out more about this service in Cambridgeshire on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG website.

For free advice on NHS Continuing Healthcare, Beacon can provide up to 90 minutes of support for anything to do with NHS funding from trained volunteers. Call 0345 548 0300 or visit the Beacon website to find out more.

Our Partners

Get our Free Coronavirus Guide
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.